Monday, November 30, 2009

Attention all you Crafters out there

I have always admired and appreciated those who can create Picasso's out of a little thread and some fabric. I am not a crafty person. Aside from gluing some pine cones to an already made wreath, or slapping some paint onto snowman (both made at the relief society craft night, materials included) I have never ventured so far as to make anything decorative. The reasoning behind it including:

1) I thought it took too long
2) I didn't know what I was going to DO with any of it
3) Interest level was at a zero

Well, now that I have some extra time on my hands and empty halls and walls that scream "decorate me", my desire has peaked. Or maybe I've had one too many cups of hot chocolate.

So I'm looking for ideas. Preferably Christmas/winter oriented. Remember, I am an amateur.

3 comments:

  1. I have a sweet series of KISS collectible items like poster where they are wearing jingle bell hats and snow globe with Gene Simmons tongue and snowflakes all around. I'll send them overnight mail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this for chirstmas decor this year:
    http://blog.urbanoutfitters.com/features/diy_yokoo

    also other place for inspiration:
    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/
    and
    http://www.designspongeonline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am with you on that...if you like it, buy it. i never seem to create any christmas crafts that look good when put in my house.

    ReplyDelete