Thursday, November 26, 2009

What are you thankful for?

"Let us give thanks for what we are and for the circumstances God has given us, for our personal journey through mortality..." Dallin H. Oaks

This beautiful Thanksgiving morning, I am grateful for the quiet moment I have been able to sit and think everything I have to be grateful for. I LOVE Thanksgiving!!! I just finished making the green bean casserole and salad and pumpkin cobbler I get to bring up to my mom's today. I gave both puppies a bath in the sink and they are now laying on a pillow in the living room warming up in the sunlight. My hard-working husband is still asleep and I am so grateful I am married to him. I am blessed in more ways than I can count. I'm thankful for a loving husband, his laughter, for my mother's love, for 2 furry friends and the company they give me, for my brothers and my dad, this absolutely gorgeous earth on which we live, sweaters, for my health, my heritage, a warm comfortable home, kisses in the morning, puppies breath, my lovely sisters, soft socks, a living prophet, music that livens, friends I can share with, the freedoms of this country, blankets, nieces and nephews, fresh roses, the temple, changing seasons, and boots.

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful you are married to Keith too!!! I wish you were here instead of there, but we will all be here soon enough and then we can go there together. LOVES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am thankful for a wonderful sister...named jenny! When I am around you, you remind me of one of my favorite quotes "she was bendable light, she shone around every corner of my day..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. missed you guys yesterday! i can't wait to see you and give you a big huge huge. LOVE YOU SISTER. REALLY. SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete