Most of the great things in life are worth the wait.
These past couple weeks have been of the longest of my life.
In fact, I'd put them right next to the couple weeks before my wedding, the weeks before Christmas as a kid, and the couple of weeks before I left on my mission. At the time, it seemed like it would NEVER come!
That is how I feel right now.
So I decided today that I am NOT going to focus on how excited and anxious I am.
INSTEAD,
I am going to focus on the miracle inside me.
I am going to enjoy each little movement, each little hiccup, each little moment of knowing that we are still bonded as mother and son as one.
I am going to wear the same clothes that I've been wearing for the last 5 months with pride!
I am going to enjoy the pain in my back, my swollen feet, my swollen body, lack of oxygen, and all the extra hormones running through my achy body...! YEAH! :)
I am especially going to relish the few nights of sleep I have left.
And of course the quality time with my darling husband before our small family unit becomes 3.
After all, just as I look back on the anticipating times mentioned above soon I'll be looking back at this time. And who knows, I might actually miss it.

That's a great way to think! :) Some of my friends told me that I would miss being pregnant. I didn't think that was possible...haha. Holding my little boy is the best in the world...but, like you said above about feeling his movements and little hiccups in your belly...is something I miss at times. Anyway, I am excited for you and Keith. You two are going to be such amazing parents. :)
ReplyDelete