Sunday, July 24, 2011

One Sunday Down


The look after 3 hours of church. Shirt untucked, socks and shoes off, collar frazled, hair messy, big smile.
Some of you may know that Keith recieved a new calling to the bishopric. This call came with a lot of different emotions; shock, excitement, bewilderment, some fear. We still aren't quite sure what it all encompasses exactly, but the spirit was felt last Sunday when he was set apart and we both were overcome with immediate peace. He will be serving under the direction of a wonderful Bishop Barrett Christensen, and first councelor Josh Harmon. We are happy to serve with such great men and for such an incredible ward. 
I was so proud today after getting Josh ready this morning and off to church all by myself. We are lucky to have Keith's brother Andrew and his gorgeous wife Alexis also in our ward. Andrew wins the HERO badge today for helping me manage a very wiggly Joshua. We are excited for the opportunity of making more friends and being involved with the ward.
The reality of what this all means has been setting in for me today and this past week. Keith already travels weekly for work. He is usually gone 4-5 days. Between work, friends/family, and now his church duties we are literally going to have to pencil family time in. He has promised me a date every week. Last week I got an entire hour of him all to myself, and it was heaven.  I have a new respect for single mothers, military wives, and especially those with more than one kid! I salute you!
This also means that we are pressing a big fat pause button on looking at houses.
So...one Sunday down, many more to go! And we did it!

2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting but so hard at the same time! Keith is already gone so much, adding such a busy calling will certainly take up even more time -- I think it's great that you are planning on weekly dates -- so important!

    Joshua is ADORABLE! I can't even stand it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny! You don't know me, but I went to high school with Keith and I came across your blog through Keith's dad's blog. Anyway, I just wanted to say "hi" and tell you that you guys have an adorable family! I read your post about Keith being called into the bishopric and Barrett was actually my husband's mission companion in the MTC! Small world. I wish you guys the best in this new adventure. Please tell Keith I said hello! Please also let him know the whole Dyer family has been in my thoughts and prayers.

    Erin (Williams) Abrams

    ReplyDelete