Happy Birthday Baby Boy!!! Joshua turned ONE! Has it really been an entire year?? My little baby is now a toddler! Whoa that went fast! I love being a mother, and happy to have such a sweet an loving little son. He truly is the light in my life.
If Josh was a summer baby we would have totally done a fun water party because he LOVES the water so much. Easy. But having a fall baby is fun too. Inspired by this little owl sweater from baby Gap, I decided on an Owl/Pumpkin party.
You can say I went a little Owl crazy. Just a little. (Okay....a lot.) "Owling" became a verb in my house. I was busy "owling" (making owls) for over a month. Yes, it was a little time consuming, but it gave me something mindless to do after Josh went to bed at night. Thanks to Pinterest and Etsy I got plenty of ideas on how to make this party a HOOT!
I never thought I could honestly enjoy all this decorating and home-making stuff. To my own surprise, I love it! In fact, the Jenny of a 2008 and the Jenny of today would be complete strangers. Friends, but strangers. Eat your heart out Martha Stewart!
Fun things on the menu: Dinner in a pumpkin.
Butterbeer (from Harry Potter)
Pumpkin and Chocolate Owl cupcakes
(thanks pinterest for the idea, and Marion for making them all!) love her
salad, chips n dip, pretzels, candy, cookies, etc. mmmmm....

this is wonderful! what a great idea for an autumn birthday boy! I love the theme, the food, the masks, the decor, everything! And he is just as precious as ever! He just keeps getting cuter!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh you are just too cute. That party looks like it was a lot of fun! So many owls! Way to go! Miss you!
ReplyDelete