Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My oh my, How Time Flies!

Its almost been 9 years since Keith has been back to his mission in Guatemala. Nine years since he has walked those streets, ate tortillas and black beans, and entered into the hearts of the Guatemalan people. Well, just one year short of a decade, and we are here. Packing our bags and getting ready for the adventure of our lives. Keith is in charge of all planning, his goal- to see as much of his mission as possible in 6 days. I don't know who is more excited, him or me. I know how much his mission meant to him, and I can't wait to experience Guatemalan through his eyes.

Plans (in no particular order):

-run through the streets and hug every Guatemalan I see
-eat as much black beans, rice, and tortillas as possible
-hunt down the members and people Keith knew and taught and squeeze them too
-maybe throw in a Mayan ruin or two and learn some of the church history
-visit my mission president who lives there now as the area president
-also visit one of my dearest Guatemalan companions and squeeze her until she can't breath
-take as many pictures as possible so we can have a slide show for our friends and fam
-eat as many mangos as I can find on the ground or pull down from a tree mmm...


more of our adventure to come...

4 comments:

  1. how exciting jenny! hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to hear about it ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When do you get home from Guatemala? Want to go to Idaho with me thurs (18th of march )?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what the heck? werent you just in south america! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete