Yes, the rumors are all true. We are expecting a BABY here at the Dyer residence. Coming this November the 8th, and we are thrilled! I still can't believe I am going to be a mommy! We couldn't be more excited about this addition to our family! I'm 15 weeks along, finally out of the first trimester! I had quiet the scare at about 8 weeks. Turns out the placenta ripped away from my uterus, resulting in about 4 weeks of bed rest. What a relief it was to see the baby at that first ultra sound. Since then I've been able to see it 2 more times, hear that little heart beat, and feel the amazing feeling of knowing I am assisting Heavenly Father in creating a life. Its such a miracle! The placenta re-attached thanks to the power of the priesthood and all the prayers from our loved ones. I'd love to post the ultra sound pictures, but we don't have a scanner and I even if we did I'm not sure I would know how to post it. Either way, here is a bit of what I've been feeling:
1) AWE. That every human being comes into the world this way, you can't call the stork. That woman actually put themselves through this more than once. That my life will never again be the same, and I don't care because I am so happy.
2) FAT. You can't tell that I'm pregnant yet, it just looks like I've been eating cookies for every meal the past few months. Some of my favorite clothes just don't fit anymore.
3) EXHAUSTED. Taking a shower feels like running 6 miles. And I can't run 6 miles anymore. I am lucky if I can jog for maybe 1 mile without needing a nap. Sleep has never been so good, so deep, or so frequent.
4) LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP W/ FOOD. Couldn't stand eating some of my favorite things! What is that? I had the weirdest cravings only because those things were the only things that didn't make me want to throw up.
5) ALL DAY SICKNESS. Morning sickness is a lie, it lasts all day. My two favorite "T"'s - Tylenol and Tums. Bad headaches and heartburn from you know where.
6) EXCITED. Its really happening. I am going to be a mother. Pinch me.
Okay, sorry for venting. The past couple weeks have been wonderful, my energy has come back, and food and I are becoming friends again. People always tell me that the reason why woman get pregnant again is because they are built with an eraser in their brains. After the baby is born you magically forget all the bad things about pregnancy and thus fall into the baby trap again. My eraser must be already working because these past couple weeks have been so good I found myself actually forgetting how miserable the first few weeks were.
So that's it. I am blaming my lack of blogging on the little apple in my belly. (Does anyone else love how the sizing charts are based on fruits?)


AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS SOOOOO AWESOME! I am sooooo happy for you guys!!!! You and keith are going to be amazing parents and your baby will be georgeous ofcourse :) Can't wait to see pics of you with your little pregnant belly!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is so exciting!! You guys will be great parents! How long til you find out if its pink or blue??
ReplyDeleteHooray! I'm so excited for you. I was wondering how things were going. It just gets better and then worse and then better. I've only got 5 more weeks left, yay! We need to do lunch again. I'm so happy things are going well. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteyay!!! I am so excited for you! Motherhood is very awesome, we are co-creators with our Heavenly Father! And it just gets better and better from here on out sister! Only a brief "pit-stop" called labor and crowning...but you will breeze right through it...can't wait to see HER!
ReplyDeleteJenny! That is so so exciting! Congratulations! We are so happy for you guys! I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. Those first couple weeks really are the worst! Congrats again!
ReplyDeleteSOOOO happy for you! We need to go dinner again! Love you, miss you!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful and exciting!! You guys are going to do great, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteJenny I couldn't be any happier for you. I cant wait to see you as a mother! I love how connected I am still to you and the fact that I knew you were pregnant before you even called. I also feel so priveledged (I can't spell) to know before you even posted it on facebook or here. Congratulations to the pair of you, you will make wonderful parents.
ReplyDeletep.s. You will have to let me know the sex, so I can create a beautiful masterpiece for him/her.
Love your guts
Autumn