Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!


Dad,
To count all the things I've learned from you would take a very long time. But just to name a few:
-You taught me how to ride a bike
(and a four-wheeler, motorcycle, and jetski) 
-the meaning of giving
-how to work hard
-how to find joy in the simple things
-how to build a snowman that would scare the neighbors
-how to have fun no matter what situation I'm in
-how to love the Lord
-how to study, and find out truth for myself
-how to bowl, roller-skate, and play soccer
-how to make a mean peanut butter and raisen/honey sandwich
-how to read and enjoy books
-how to swim
-how to be a good missionary
-a love for the outdoors and this beautiful earth

I am grateful to be your daughter, and friend. Growing up with you there was never a dull moment!  You've worked so hard to keep our family safe, and provided for and we appreciate all you have done and continue to do. I can't wait for my son to meet his grandpa!! I hope you have a marvelous Birthday and know how much you are loved. :)

2 comments:

  1. love the classic dad look..."what do I do...she's crying!" Awesome! LOVE your cheeks...hope your little guys has those! more to kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your little boy now!! He is going to be sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete